Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 | 2 Comments
My sons absolute favourite kind of salad! Popular and very tasty Mid Eastern Salad Fattoush!
What you will need:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head ice burg lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (you can use dried mint 2 tsp)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 head of small radicchio chopped or radishes
- 2-3 pita rounds, toasted and torn into pieces
For the dressing:
lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tsp sumac and salt to season
Combine all the chopped up veggies in a large salad bowl, make dressing and combine well, taste and adjust seasonings and oil. Toast pita bread and break up into bite size pieces.